Please enjoy this PGA Premium article free for a limited time.
Hello RotoBallers and thanks for joining us for the ZOZO Championship! This is a new article that we're offering each week as part of our PGA Premium subscription, and we hope that you will find it useful.
Be sure also to read all of our other top-notch weekly PGA DFS and betting articles to help you win big!
RotoBaller PGA Expert Roundtable
The Expert Roundtable article is an attempt to get you inside the minds of our PGA DFS staff for every tournament.
We've got a new addition to the Expert Roundtable this week, as Tommy Bell has moved on from fantasy writing for the moment. We'll be joined by friend of the site, Andrew Poore (@AndrewPutters), co-host of The Turn Fantasy Golf Podcast that's available here at RotoBaller every week. Joe Nicely, Spencer Aguiar, Josh Bennett, and Andrew Putters will answer the same set of questions each week to give you an idea of how they are viewing the PGA DFS slate. Let's tee it up!
Who is your favorite DFS value play?
- Joe Nicely: Cameron Smith ($7.2k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Sebastian Munoz ($7,200), Ryan Palmer ($7,100), Daniel Berger ($8,900), Abraham Ancer ($7,800)
- Josh Bennett: Cameron Champ (6,800)
- Andrew Putters: Kevin Kisner ($6.8k)
Who is your favorite DFS “high priced” play?
- Joe Nicely: Collin Morikawa ($9.8k) & Webb Simpson ($9.7k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Justin Thomas ($10,600)
- Josh Bennett: Justin Thomas (10,600)
- Andrew Putters: Collin Morikawa ($9.8k)
Who is your top GPP play?
- Joe Nicely: Matthew Wolff ($9.1k) *DUCKS*
- Spencer Aguiar: Collin Morikawa ($9,800)
- Josh Bennett: Tommy Fleetwood (8,500)
- Andrew Putters: Bubba Watson ($8.7k) - I’m predicting low ownership.
Who is your top Cash-Game play?
- Joe Nicely: Russell Henley ($8.1k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Webb Simpson ($9,700), Daniel Berger ($8,900), Viktor Hovland ($9,200)
- Josh Bennett: Matthew Wolff (9,100)
- Andrew Putters: Abraham Ancer ($7.8k)
Which popular golfer will you be “fading”?
- Joe Nicely: Underweight on Rory McIlroy ($10.4k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Matthew Wolff ($9,100), Bubba Watson ($8,700)
- Josh Bennett: Tyrrell Hatton (10,000)
- Andrew Putters: Patrick Reed ($9.6k)
What stands out as the most important stat for this golf course?
- Joe Nicely: Total Driving, SG: Approach
- Spencer Aguiar: Ball Striking, Par-Five Birdie or Better Percentage
- Josh Bennett: SG Approach
- Andrew Putters: Strokes Gained Approach w/ top 75 in Strokes Gained Putting
Who is your favorite DFS “dart throw”?
- Joe Nicely: Mackenzie Hughes ($6.5k) - Unreliable, but can randomly pop for high finishes.
- Spencer Aguiar: Kevin Na ($6,900)
- Josh Bennett: Dylan Frittelli (6,300)
- Andrew Putters: Say it ain’t so Jordan Speith ($6.9k) He is tooooo cheap.
What is your favorite bet of the week? (Any type)
- Joe Nicely: Matthew Wolff (28/1), Brian Harman & Cameron Smith (80/1)
- Spencer Aguiar: Dallas Cowboys (+1) over the Washington Redskins - Hey, it says any type...
- Josh Bennett: Adam Scott (45/1)
- Andrew Putters: Justin Rose and/or Gary Woodland T10. You can get either one close to 6/1 and one of them will finish inside the T10.
Make a “bold prediction” for this week:
- Joe Nicely: Tiger top five
- Spencer Aguiar: Matthew Wolff ($9,100) & Tiger Woods ($9,000) both disappoint owners with finishes outside the top-20.
- Josh Bennett: Mikumu Horikawa finishes top 15
- Andrew Putters: Patrick Cantlay will finish outside the T10. Therefore fade him, his recent form is not up to his level of play.
Who is your favorite overall DFS golfer and why?
- Joe Nicely: Webb Simpson ($9.7k) - The dude is just rock-solid in every aspect.
- Spencer Aguiar: Justin Thomas ($10,600) - I believe Justin Thomas wins this weekend in California, making him a must-add if we want to find success in a no-cut tournament.
- Josh Bennett: Collin Morikawa (9,800) - Price should probably be a little higher. Can squeeze him in with a guy like JT still. His iron play from longer distances is insane and he should crush this event
- Andrew Putters: Collin Morikawa ($9.5k) California tournaments mean something to him.
What is your optimal DFS lineup building strategy?
- Joe Nicely: Avoiding the mid-high $7k range.
- Spencer Aguiar: I don’t love going below $6,400. It may be a no-cut, but the value gets bad quickly.
- Josh Bennett: stars and Scrubs
- Andrew Putters: Selecting the highest priced golfer that brings value to my lineup and working my way down.
Who is your pick to win the tournament?
- Joe Nicely: Webb Simpson
- Spencer Aguiar: Justin Thomas
- Josh Bennett: Collin Morikawa (9,800)
- Andrew Putters: Collin Morikawa ($9.5k)
Is there a question you would like to have answered every week? Hit us up on Twitter @RotoBallerPGA. We would love to hear your feedback and ideas!
Win Big With RotoBallerGolf is back, and it's time for you to win big with RotoBaller! Our PGA DFS Premium Package features several savvy analysts and proven DFS winners.
Our very own Joe Nicely recently took down a big DraftKings DFS tournament for the Travelers Championship. And as an encore, RotoBaller subscriber @tenndolly2 won $100K on FanDuel with the help of Joe and the rest of our Premium PGA team:
Premium PGA DFS content and tools we put out each week, and our Premium Slack Community where we chat with our subscribers before lineups lock, RotoBaller PGA subscribers are armed with the tools, analysis, and advice to win big in 2020.
If you read my articles @RotoBaller or listen to @TheTurnGolfPod I’ve been telling y’all it was #WinningSeason when golf came back! Shoutout to the entire @RotoBallerPGA squad and all you guys that support my work for all the ❤️ pic.twitter.com/07a4ynvbSU— Joe Nicely (@JoeNicely) June 28, 2020