Please enjoy this PGA Premium article free for a limited time.
Hello RotoBallers and thanks for joining us for the Sanderson Farms! This is a new article that we're offering each week as part of our PGA Premium subscription, and we hope that you will find it useful.
Be sure also to read all of our other top-notch weekly PGA DFS and betting articles to help you win big!Editor's Note: Golf is back! Come join the fun and win big with RotoBaller. Get our full-season PGA and DFS Premium Pass for 50% off! Our exclusive DFS Lineup Optimizer, Research Station, DFS Projections and weekly DFS/betting articles! Sign Up Now!
RotoBaller PGA Expert Roundtable
The Expert Roundtable article is an attempt to get you inside the minds of our PGA DFS staff for every tournament.
Our four top golf writers - Joe Nicely, Spencer Aguiar, Josh Bennett, and Tommy Bell - will answer the same set of questions each week to give you an idea of how they are viewing the PGA DFS slate. Let's tee it up!
Who is your favorite DFS value play?
- Joe Nicely: Adam Schenk ($6.7k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Charley Hoffman ($7,900), Adam Schenk ($6,700), Kristoffer Ventura ($7,200), J.B. Holmes ($7,000 - GPP ONLY)
- Josh Bennett: Kristoffer Ventura (7,200)
- Tommy Bell: Chesson Hadley (7,800)
Who is your favorite DFS “high priced” play?
- Joe Nicely: Sungjae Im ($10.5k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Sungjae Im ($10,500)
- Josh Bennett: Will Zalatoris (10,200)
- Tommy Bell: Doc Redman ($9,700)
Who is your top GPP play?
- Joe Nicely: Doc Redman ($9.7k)
- Spencer Aguiar: J.B. Holmes ($7,000)
- Josh Bennett: Dillon Frittelli (9,300)
- Tommy Bell: Russell Knox ($7,500)
Who is your top Cash-Game play?
- Joe Nicely: Cameron Davis ($8.1k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Sebastian Munoz ($9,900)
- Josh Bennett: Cameron Davis (8,100)
- Tommy Bell: Patrick Rodgers ($8,200)
Which popular golfer will you be “fading”?
- Joe Nicely: Benny An ($10k) & Sergio Garcia ($8.6k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Byeong Hun An ($10,000), Si Woo Kim ($8,400), Zach Johnson ($9,600)
- Josh Bennett: Byeong Hun An
- Tommy Bell: Scottie Scheffler ($11,400) - Strictly due to price/ownership/variance
What stands out as the most important stat for this golf course?
- Joe Nicely: Birdie or Better %, SG: Par-5, Bermuda Putting
- Spencer Aguiar: Birdie or Better Percentage, Par-Five Birdie or Better Percentage and Total Driving
- Josh Bennett: SG: OTT
- Tommy Bell: Par 5 Scoring, Bermuda Putting, SG: T2G
Who is your favorite DFS “dart throw”?
- Joe Nicely: JJ Spaun & Sahith Theegala ($6.6k), Wes Bryan ($6.3k)
- Spencer Aguiar: Sahith Theegala ($6,600), Jamie Lovemark ($6,100)
- Josh Bennett: Robby Shelton (6,400)
- Tommy Bell: Oh yeah. We’re all on Sahithhhhhh!!!
What is your favorite bet of the week? (Any type)
- Joe Nicely: Doc Redman (-110) vs Ben An
- Spencer Aguiar: Brian Harman +110 over Byeong Hun An
- Josh Bennett: Sergio (55/1)
- Tommy Bell: Doc Redman (33/1)
Make a “bold prediction” for this week:
- Joe Nicely: Im, Redman, Zalatoris finish 1-2-3
- Spencer Aguiar: More than half the players in the $9,000 range either miss the cut or finish outside the top-50.
- Josh Bennett: Kevin Stadler makes the cut for the first time in a year
- Tommy Bell: Only two of the top five DK priced players make the cut. Chaos!!
Who is your favorite overall DFS golfer and why?
- Joe Nicely: Cameron Davis ($8.1k) - Nice combination of price, course fit, & recent form.
- Spencer Aguiar: Charley Hoffman ($7,900) - Hoffman fits the mold of what we should be looking for in Mississippi. He brings with him current statistical success, form and course fit. Options like Schenk, Ventura and Holmes also bring some of that, but Hoffman has the most playability across the board.
- Josh Bennett: Cameron Davis (8,100) - cheap for how well he's been playing. Should fit the course well.
- Tommy Bell: Chesson Hadley ($7,800) - Plenty of risk here, but that’s the same with almost every other player in the field. We’ve seen Hadley eat up easier courses of late, now we just need that putter to stay hot for a couple of days.
What is your optimal DFS lineup building strategy?
- Joe Nicely: Stars & Scrubs due to weakness of $7k price range
- Spencer Aguiar: Outside of Sebastian Munoz ($9,900) and Brian Harman ($9,400), I won’t have much exposure to the $9,000 range.
- Josh Bennett: Balanced
- Tommy Bell: Plenty of mid to upper-range with a scrub or two mixed in. Don’t LOVE the top of the board.
Who is your pick to win the tournament?
- Joe Nicely: Sungjae Im
- Spencer Aguiar: Charley Hoffman
- Josh Bennett: Sungjae Im
- Tommy Bell: Doc Redman
Is there a question you would like to have answered every week? Hit us up on Twitter @RotoBallerPGA. We would love to hear your feedback and ideas!
Win Big With RotoBallerGolf is back, and it's time for you to win big with RotoBaller! Our PGA DFS Premium Package features several savvy analysts and proven DFS winners.
Our very own Joe Nicely recently took down a big DraftKings DFS tournament for the Travelers Championship. And as an encore, RotoBaller subscriber @tenndolly2 won $100K on FanDuel with the help of Joe and the rest of our Premium PGA team:
Premium PGA DFS content and tools we put out each week, and our Premium Slack Community where we chat with our subscribers before lineups lock, RotoBaller PGA subscribers are armed with the tools, analysis, and advice to win big in 2020.
If you read my articles @RotoBaller or listen to @TheTurnGolfPod I’ve been telling y’all it was #WinningSeason when golf came back! Shoutout to the entire @RotoBallerPGA squad and all you guys that support my work for all the ❤️ pic.twitter.com/07a4ynvbSU— Joe Nicely (@JoeNicely) June 28, 2020